of Calabar (UNICAL) is inviting qualified and interested members of the public to apply for its 2017/2018 pre-degree admission programme.
UNICAL PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The University of Calabar offers admission into two Pre-degree programmes:
- Pre-degree French.
- Pre-degree Science.
LOCATION: Directorate of Pre-degree Programme
UNICAL PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMME ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
1. UNICAL PRE-DEGREE IN SCIENCE:
Duration: One Academic Session in Science, Agriculture and Education (Science)
Location: Pre-degree Directorate
Requirements: Credit-level passes at not more than two sittings in (WASC/NECO/GCE O/L, NABTECH) English Language, Chemistry, Biology/Agric Science, Mathematics and one Science/Social Science subject and at least a pass in Physics.
Students admitted into Pre-degree programme with a Credit in Agriculture and/or pass in Physics will only be sent to the Faculty of Agriculture at successful completion of the programme.
Successful candidates who sit for and obtain a credit in Physics within the programme year and submit their result before the placement exercise could be placed in any of the departments in the Faculty of Agriculture, Biological Science, Physical Science, Education and Engineering.
NOTE: Applicants with awaiting results may also apply.
Such applications shall only be considered on receipt of the pending results within the period allowed for such consideration.
Applicants must have JAMB results of either 2014/2015 or 2015/2016 or 2016/2017.
2. UNICAL PRE-DEGREE IN FRENCH STUDIES
Duration: One full academic session.
Location: Pre-degree Directorate
Requirements: Five Credit-level passes in WASC/GCE O’ level/NECO, NABTECH at not more than two sittings, including English Language and one Arts or Social Science subject.
JAMB results of either 2014/2015 or 2015/2016 or 2016/2017 can be used.
NOTE: A pre-knowledge of French is not a requirement.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UNICAL PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMME
FIRST METHOD: ELECTRONIC PIN
- Go to any bank branch nation wide
- Request to make payment for University of Calabar C.E.S Application Form 2017/2018 on E-tranzact platform
- Pay the sum of #10,000 (Ten thousand naira) only and obtain payment slip containing a unique PIN.
- Log in with the generated PIN for the C.E.S application.
C.E.S application scratch cards are available for those who reside in Calabar or have difficulties obtaining the e-scratch card receipt:
- Unical Microfinance Bank
- Heritage Bank Plc
- FCMB Bank Plc
- Wema Bank Plc
- UBA Bank Plc
- On obtaining the scratch card or e-scratch, candidates should log on to http://www.myunical.edu.ng and select “CES 2017 Application” from the Online Forms menu tab on the home page.
- The next page will require the candidate to enter his/her phone number and e-scratch card pin or scratch card pin against the fields provided and click log in.
- Follow the on-screen instruction after gaining access to complete the form.
UNICAL PRE-DEGREE APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Closing date for all application is November, 2017.
Feel free to ask any question. Hope this article was helpful? What do you think about it? Let us know by using the comment box below.
Don’t forget to share it with friends.Don't forget to Like our Facebook page AND Join our Facebook group for more daily free updates.