How do I prepare for Post-UTME/DE admission screening exercise? If this is the question you are looking for an answer to, you have to read this article to the end.
Now that JAMB result has already been released and WAEC result release process
, every candidate are waiting for the admission screening exercise
of their school to commence. Do you think you are doing the right thing by just waiting? Are you taking the proper preparation steps to ensure you succeed in the Post-UTME admission screening exercise
? Don’t worry, this article will guide you on how to prepare for your Post-UTME admission screening exercise
Before the Post-UTME admission screening exercise of your preferred school commences, ensure that:
- Your Jamb score meets the minimum school cut-off mark. If not, do a change of institution. (Cut off marks for schools have not been decided yet, but you can use last year’s cut-off for now as a determiner. Once the cut off marks are released, you will be informed here at Hilearners.com)
- Your UTME subject combination matches with the course you choose. If not, do a change of course.
- For Direct entry candidates, ensure your CGPA meets the minimum required by the school.
Many candidates are usually disqualified for the reasons mention above. If you have met the requirements above, then you are qualified for the Post-UTME admission screening exercise of your preferred institution. So, let’s get you prepared.
1. GATHER ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTS
- Original Jamb result slip
- O’Level result
- Birth certificate
- Jamb printout containing details like Registration number, subject combined and examination number
- Certificate of Local Government/State of origin.
- JAMB Direct Entry registration slip(For Direct entry candidates only)
- Copies of your Passport
2. READ FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
Your school of choice might decide to conduct an interview screening or test screening. Since this will depend on your performance, it is important for you to read. Though, I mentioned it in my previous article that test screening and interview screening are usually conducted for Direct entry candidates, your school might decide to conduct it for Post-UTME candidates also. So, don’t be surprised if you come across any. Possible areas from which candidates might be tested include:
- Questions from the UTME subjects(English and the 3 other subjects that you sat down for)
- Questions on current affairs
- Questions on your school of choice(at least know the year it was found and the current V.C/Rector/Provost)
- General questions
So, go and get your textbooks and start reading as if you are studying for another examination. Read some current affairs, listen to news and do some researches about the school. I have compiled a list of articles that will help you read effectively, understand and remember. See them below.
3. KEEP YOURSELF UPDATED
Think about it that after gathering important documents and reading for the Post-UTME, you eventually missed it. Make sure you are up-to-date with news concerning the Post-UTME admission screening exercise of your school.
As Hilearners.com is always updated with news concerning Post-UTME admission screening exercise of every Nigeria institution, you won’t want to miss any. Enter your email address below to be up-to-date with news concerning the Post-UTME admission screening exercise of your school.
Enter your email address:
Delivered by Hilearners
4. REGISTER ON TIME
Immediately the Post-UTME admission screening form of your preferred institution is out, make sure you register and purchase the form on time.
5. ARRIVE EARLY FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
Lateness to the screening venue might cost you a year!. Every school will release its screening date, venue and time. Make sure you arrive at the screening venue before it starts. It will help you to become settled and confident. I will advise you to arrive at the screening venue a day or two days before screening commences. You might even get some piece of information which you won’t get if you arrive late.
6. KEEP YOUR DRESSING FORMAL AND DECENT
Your dressing speaks a lot about you. When you are going for the screening exercise, dress as if you are going for a job interview. It worth it!. If you have a tattoo on your body, wear a cloth that covers it.
7. DO NOT NEGLECT THE GOD’S FACTOR
Prayer is very important if you want to succeed in your Post-UTME admission screening exercise. I don’t need to say much on this, you know what to do here,don’t you?
What do you think about this article? Do you find it helpful? How have you been preparing for your Post-UTME admission screening exercise? Let us hear from you by using the comment box below.