OFID Development Leaders Scholarship 2019 and How to Apply.
OFID Development Leaders Scholarship 2019… OFID is a long standing supporter of One Young World and has enabled more than 165 young leaders to participate in the One Young World Summit since 2011.
OFID Development Leaders Scholarship 2019
2019 OFID Development scholarship has not been announced.
OFID is the development finance institution established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a channel of aid to the developing countries. OFID works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world.
It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness and trade. OFID’s work is people-centered, focusing on projects that meet basic needs – such as food, energy, clean water and sanitation, healthcare and education – with the aim of encouraging self-reliance and inspiring hope for the future.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague.
In addition to attend to attending the Summit, all OFID scholars will be able to apply for a €5,000 grant to support their development work.
In order to apply you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30
- A national of one of the listed eligible countries. Click here to view list.
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to the sustainable development of their country. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service.
- Leadership ability
- Concern for local or global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
How to Apply.
Application Deadline: Not out