OAU Cut Off mark 2018/2019 is what I am going to deal with in this article.
I am not going to stop on OAU cut off mark 2018/2019, I will also proceed to state admission requirements you need to gain admission into Obafemi Awolowo University(OAU).
OAU Cut off mark 2018 | How To calculate OAU Cut off mark
Without any doubt, Obafemi Awolowo University(OAU) is one of the best Universities in Nigeria.
Obafemi Awolowo University(OAU) is located in Osun State and a Federal university known for her academic excellence.
So, if you have decided or anticipating on where to study in OAU or not, then you need to know OAU cut off mark for 2018/2019 admission process.
Now, I will quickly discuss the following in this article:
- Meaning Of Cut Off Mark
- OAU Cut Off Mark 2018/2019 [JAMB]
- OAU Departmental Cut Off Mark For All Courses
- OAU Admission Requirements For All Courses
- How To Calculate OAU Aggregate Cut Off Mark 2018
- How To Gain Admission Into OAU
- JAMB Subject Combination For OAU Courses
Now, I will reveal to you everything in I stated above in the headings that will follow.
1. MEANING OF CUT OFF MARK
A cut off mark is a fixed minimum score required by tertiary institutions to gain admission to study a course.
Once met or passed, your admission is guaranteed. Even though some candidate score very high in JAMB, they still fail to gain admission.
2. OAU Cut Off Mark 2018/2019 [JAMB]
What is JAMB Cut off of mark for OAU? This is the question I will answer under this heading.
Like is said earlier, JAMB Cut off mark is the minimum score you must have in JAMB before you can qualify for admission in OAU.
Once you score less than this in UTME, you won’t be allowed to participate in the PostUTME/Screening exercise. Hence, there is no admission for you.
What is OAU Cut off mark 2018/2019? See the answer below.
OAU Cut Off mark 2018/2019 is 200.
Now, you may be wondering, “I scored 200 in JAMB but I wasn’t admitted into OAU, WHY?”. I’ll explain this to you.
JAMB score of 200 doesn’t guarantee you admission into OAU, it only make you qualify for admission. However, meeting the departmental cut off mark does!
I hope I have answered that question. If yes, then let’s proceed to OAU departmental cut off mark 2018/2019 for all courses.
3. OAU Departmental Cut Off Mark For All Courses
Once you meet the departmental cut off mark for your course, you will be given admission. So, what is OAU departmental cut off mark for all courses? Is OAU departmental cut off mark for 2018/2019 out?
OAU Departmental cut off mark 2018/2019 is not yet out. Any information regarding its release is FALSE! You are advised to disregard such information.
Once it is out, you will be informed on this page, so keep checking.
4. OAU Admission Requirements For All Courses
In order to gain admission to study in OAU, candidates must:
- Have a minimum of 6 credits in O’level in not more than 2 sittings
- Score a minimum of 200 in UTME
- Participate in the Post-UTME screening exercise conducted by the school
- Finally, meet the departmental cut off mark of his/her chosen course
5. How To Calculate OAU Aggregate Cut Off Mark 2018
Now, I will show you how to calculate OAU screening score. OAU uses the 50:30:20 method to calculate cut off mark i.e 50% UTME, 40% Post-UTME and 10% O’level. To calculate OAU aggregate score, follow the steps below:
- Divide your JAMB score by 8
- OAU Post-UTME score is over 40
- Calculate your O’level scores for your 5 most important subjects using the grading
- Add your answers in 1, 2 and 3 above together
- That is your OAU aggregate score(100%)
OAU O’LEVEL GRADING
A1 – 2points
B2 – 1.8points
C4 – 1.4ponts
C5 – 1.2points
C6 – 1point
6. How To Gain Admission Into OAU
Now, you have finally decided to study in OAU, how do I gain admission?
7. JAMB Subject Combination For OAU Courses
One of the major reasons why candidates are denied admission is wrong subject combination.
That is why you need to make sure that your JAMB subject combination correspond with your course.
This is where I will stop on the topic, “OAU Cut Off Mark 2018/2019“. Feel free to use the comment section below.018Don't forget to Like our Facebook page AND Join our Facebook group for more daily free updates.