1. READING THE WRONG QUESTION
2. GIVING ANSWERS THAT ARE OUT OF POINT
3. ATTEMPTING DIFFICULT QUESTIONS FIRST
- It wastes your time.
- If you solve easier ones first and you are at least sure of getting them right, it keeps your body motivated and improve your brain function to solve difficult ones.
- If you solve difficult ones first and you don’t get them, you become frustrated that you won’t be able to solve even the so-called easier ones.
- Ask yourself, what is the probability of getting the difficult questions right when eventually you don’t have time to solve simpler questions.
4. FAILING TO BE TIME-CONSCIOUS
5. YOU FAILED TO CROSS-CHECK
6. YOU DID NOT HEED INSTRUCTIONS
7. MISUSE OF ENLISH
Students write the right answer in the wrong way and lose marks. The inappropriate use of English language is another mistake that student make during examination. This in most cases will give a wrong meaning to the right answer. Do you even know that students make mistakes in the use of English, and yet they don’t know they are making any mistake? Yes, they do!. See this article on “Common mistakes in the English usage” to know if you are guilty of any.
What to do: Read the article on “Common mistakes in English usage” and try to avoid making those mistakes of you are guilty of any. Also, make proper use of your dictionary to check the meaning and usage of any word.
8. USE OF COLLOQUIAL AND SHORT FORMS
Have you ever marked an examination where you will see students using short forms and colloquial? I have seen it times without number. A lot of students are addicted to these short forms when chatting on their social media accounts. This is because of their addiction to mobile phone. Read this article to know if you are addicted to your mobile phone here.
Why You Failed Examination And What You Should Do
6 Common Mistakes You Must Avoid While Reading