Are you looking for the list of JAMB recommended textbooks for English Language?
It is true that English Language is one of the simplest and hardest subjects in JAMB depending on the types of textbooks that you read for English in JAMB.
You may be wondering, what are the best English textbooks to read for JAMB and pass excellently? That is what you are going to get in this article. So, calm down as I show you the way to blast English completely in your upcoming UTME.
List Of JAMB Recommended Textbooks For English | Best Textbooks To Read For English
As a result, a lot of candidates have been asking me for JAMB recommended textbooks for English to buy and pass UTME. Some of their messages can be seen below:
- What are the recommended textbooks for English in JAMB
- List of JAMB recommended English textbooks to read and pass
- Best textbooks to read for JAMB English
I have therefore decided to write this article in other to answer these questions. I hereby use this medium to announce to all candidates that the list of recommended English textbooks for JAMB is now available.
In case you are not convinced, let me show you why you should use recommended textbooks for JAMB English.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOKS FOR JAMB
1. UTME questions come from these textbooks
2. They have been checked by JAMB board and are found to meet the examination standard
3. JAMB Recommended textbooks are easier to read and understand
4. Their contents cover the whole syllabus. When you read them, you will cover the syllabus for each subject.
Now, are you convinced? Let us head straight to the main topic.
LIST OF JAMB RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOKS FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE
1. Attah, M. O. (2013) Practice in Spoken English for Intermediate and Advanced Learners, Maiduguri: University of Maiduguri Press
2. Bamgbose, A. (2002) English Lexis and Structure for Senior Secondary Schools and colleges (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
3. Banjo, A. et al (2004) New Oxford Secondary English Course Book Six for Senior Secondary Schools, Ibadan: UP Plc.
5. Caesar, O. J. (2003) Essential Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Lagos: Tonad Publishers Limited
6. Daniel Jones (2011) Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
7. Egbe, D. I (1996) Mastering English Usage and Communication Skills, Lagos: Tisons
8. Elugbe, B. (2000) Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Ibadan: Heinemann
9. Grant, N. J. H, Nnamonu, S. Jowitt, D. (1998) Senior English Project 3, (New Edition) Harlow: Longman
10. Idowu, O. O, Sogbeson, T. S, Adofo, A. K. Burgess, D. F and Burgess, L. J. (1998) Round-up English: A Complete Guide, Lagos: Longman
11. Idris, U. (2001) Oral English at Your Fingertips for Schools and Colleges, Lagos, M. Youngbrain Publishers
12. Igiligi, E. C. and Ogenyi, S. O. (2010)Grammar and Composition in the G.S.M. Age, Enugu: Joe Hills Production Services
13. Jauro, L. B. (2013) Oral English for Schools and Colleges: A teaching and Learning Approach, Yola: Paraclete Publishers.
14. Nnamonu, S. and Jowitt, D. (1989) Common Errors in English, Lagos: Longman
15. Ogunsanwo, O. Duruaku, A. B.C, Ezechukwu, J and Nwachukwu, U. I (2005) Countdown English Language, (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Evans
16. Olatoye, S. (2006) The Silent Teacher, Ado-Ekiti: Segun and Sons Enterprises
17. Oluikpe, B. O. A, nnaemeka, B. A, Obah, T. Y, Otagburuagu, E. J. Onuigbo, S. and Ogbonna, E. A. (1998) Intensive English for Senior Secondary School 3, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publisher.
18. Tomori, S. H. O (2000) Objective Tests for School Certificate english: Practice in Lexis, Structure and idiom (Reprinted Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
19. Ukwuegbu, C, Okoro, O., Idris, A. U., Okebukola, F. O. and Owokade, C. O. (2002) Catch-up English for SSCE/UME, Ibadan: Heinemann
If you have any question, feel free to ask using the comment box below.
Now that you know the official JAMB recommended textbooks for English Language, don’t forget to share the article with your friend.
AD: Do you know you can make #50,000+ monthly with your phone at the comfort of your home? Click here to see more details and get started
Don't forget to Like our Facebook page AND Join our Facebook group for more daily free updates.