The management of Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta wishes to notify all aspiring candidate that the admission form for LASU-FCE Osiele Sandwich Degree Programmes 2018 has been released. Interested applicant should follow the lead below for successful application.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the underlisted programmes in Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta, Sandwich Degree Programmes.
LASU Sandwich Degree Programme Admission Form
LASU-FCE Osiele Sandwich Full Courses.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION: B.SC(ED), B.A(ED) & B.ED, FOUR (4) AND FIVE (5) YEARS SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN THE FOLLOWING COURSES:
- B.Sc Education: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Human Kinetics Sports/Physical & Health Education, Health Education, Computer Science Education.
- B.Sc Education: Economics, Political Science, Business Education, Accounting Education, Educational Management.
- B.A. Education: Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Religious Studies, French Language, English Language, Yoruba Language.
Sandwich Degree Programmes Admission Requirements.
GENERAL BASIC REQUIREMENTS.
- Five (5) O Level Credits or TCII Merit Passes at not more than two (2) sittings with two (2) of the subjects at A Level or NCE Merit Passes in relevant areas.
- A University/Polytechnic 2-year Diploma Certificate in the relevant area obtained at not less than Merit level.
- Advanced Diploma in Sports from Nigerian Institute for Sports.
SPECIFIC SUBJECT AREA REQUIREMENTS.
- English Major: Credit Pass in Literature in English, English Language and Mathematics at O Level or its equivalent.
- Economics Major: Credit Pass in English Language, Mathematics and Economics.
- Physical & Health Education, Political Science Major: At least, a Credit Pass in English Language and Credit Pass in Mathematics or O Level or its equivalent.
- Health Education Major: A Credit Pass in English Language and Credit Pass in Mathematics.
- Holders of Staff Registered Nurse and Midwifery Certificate, Environmental Health plus five (5) O Level Credit Passes to include English Language and Mathematics are also eligible.
- Mathematics and Science Major: Credit Pass in Mathematics and English Language.
- General English at NCE is acceptable for O Level English for all courses except English major.
- Merit in Arithmetic possessed at TC is acceptable as equivalent for O Level Mathematics. Other considerations:
- ICAN (Part II) CIS (Part II) are acceptable for Economics.
- Holders of Certificates issued by recognised Arabic institutions who may not have written Arabic at SSCE/GCE O Level will be considered for admission subject to the fulfilment of other entry requirements NCE (Arabic) at Merit Level is also acceptable.
- Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Health, Physical Education, social work, Health Administration and overall grades of Merit plus three (3) O Level Credit/TC II Merit Passes which should include English Language is acceptable for: Human Kinetics Sports/PHE, and Health Education.
FIVE (5) YEAR SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMME
The five (5) year Sandwich Degree Programme is designed for candidates with NCE but also fall short of entry qualification for the four (4) year Sandwich Degree Programme.
How to Apply for LASU Sandwich Programme.
Step 1: Applicants are advised to visit any commercial bank and pay N10,300.00 (application form and other charges) for LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY OJO (ABEOKUTA SANDWICH) DEGREE PROGRAMME through eTranzact Platform and obtain payment receipt. The applicant can then proceed to the College portal (see Step 2), log in with the etranzact’s CONFIRMATION ORDER NUMBER and complete the online registration form following steps 2 to 7.
Step 2: From the website fce-abeokuta.edu.ng, click LASU-ABK SANDWICH;
Step 3: Enter your entrazact’s CONFIRMATION ORDER NUMBER. This will take you to the Registration page which will display the online registration form;
Step 4: On the online registration form, type your personal details in the spaces provided;
Step 5: On completion of typing your personal details on the online registration form, click submit and wait to see the message: Successfully Registered.
Step 6: Click PRINT FORM. This will display your completed online registration form. At this stage, you are advised to save the soft-copy of the form before printing.
Step 7: Finally, applicants should immediately take the printed form (hardcopy) and bank teller/etranzact payment receipt to LASU Sandwich Degree Office, CESAPREP FCE Abeokuta and obtain College receipt.
For further information, please visit the Centre for Sandwich Degree Programmes of the College.
Closing Date of Application is six (6) weeks from the date of this publication (date of publication – April 16, 2018).
Entrance Examination: June 2, 2018.
Candidates are expected to come along with their writing materials, originals and photocopies of all their credentials on the day of interview.
RECOMMENDED: A. Get Jamb CBT APP & Past Questions For 2019 Exam Click Here To Like Our Facebook Page For Updates