- How can I read faster?
- How can I read very fast and still understand?
- How do I read faster and still remember everything I read?
- How do I read a book quickly and understand it?
- How do I study with full concentration?
- I forget everything I read after some time, what should I do?
- What should I avoid while reading?
- How do I read fast and retain information?
- How To Read Effectively And Remember Everything
- 6 Terrible Mistakes You Must Avoid While Reading
- How To Maintain 100% Concentration While Studying For Many Hours
In this article, I’ll be dealing with “How To Read Faster And Remember Easily”. I promise to offer the perfect and long-lasting solution to this question, so don’t miss out anything.
CHOOSE A DISTRACTION-FREE ENVIRONMENT
By doing this, you are sure of focusing on reading only which increases your reading speed and rate at which you assimilate what you read. If you read in an environment full of distraction, you will end up wasting time trying to eliminate unnecessary distractions which could have been avoided.
SET A TARGET
This is a way to keep you determined while reading. Tell yourself, I want to finish this book in 2hours. By doing this, you will be motivated till you complete the book.
- Read also: Reasons Why Students Fail Examinations
RECOMMENDED: A. Get Jamb CBT APP To Blast 2019 Exam B. Get Flashlearners Waec App On Google PlayStore C. Schools That Have Released Their Post-UTME Form
USE THE SMART READING ROUTINE
How?, before you start reading the book in full, make sure you:
- Read the table of content first.
- Then, read the questions at the end of the chapter and answer them to the best of your ability.
- Followed by the introductory paragraph of the chapter.
- Read the title of all sub-divisions or sub-topics of the chapter.
- And finally, read the closing paragraphs of the chapter.
By following the above routine, you already have an idea of:
- What you are about to learn.
- What you are expected to know.
- Important and key points in the text.
These ideas will help to keep your reading at the highest pace and maximum effectiveness.
READ FOR KEY DETAILS
You want to read faster, you have to read to obtain the important details only. Neglect unnecessary details this time. You have to be picky but smart while reading. It is better to read more key details and little or no unnecessary ones that to read few key details and more unnecessary ones.
ENGAGE YOURSELF WITH THE BOOK
While reading fast, it is important to keep yourself engaged so that you don’t just read fast but understand fast. You can engage yourself by taking down notes on important points you come across, by explaining to yourself as you read and by following the concept of the book with your mind.
CONCENTRATE ON READING
Concentration is another important key while reading fast to ensure effectiveness. Concentration is usually 100% at the start but it soon begin to diminish as reading progresses for long hours. How can you maintain 100% concentration while reading for many hours?, simple, read this article.
DON’T TRY TO REMEMBER EVERYTHING YOU READ
You can’t read very fast and at the same time remember everything you have read word-for-word. If you are trying to recall everything you have read, you will end up wasting time. However, you can read fast and still remember everything important details in the book. How? That is why you have to read this article to the end.
READ WITH YOUR MIND AND EYES
Your eyes and mind are the most important tools while reading smartly. Learn how to read by moving your eyes from left to right while your mind remain focused. It looks though as if you are skimming through the content of the book.
DON’T WASTE TIME ON REPEATED DETAILS
This is a mistake you must definitely avoid if you are willing to read the smart way. There is more to learn, so why waste time on the same thing?.
AVOID RE-READING SENTENCES
Surprised?, you shouldn’t be!. Avoid reading again, again or again. When you read a sentence or paragraph in a book, something in you tells you whether it is important or not. If the need arises for you to re-read, ensure you re-read only the important points.
DON’T HIGHLIGHT TOO MUCH
This is the time to minimize the use of your highlighter. Time spent on highlighting texts is enough to study and pass an examination. You only need to highlight few important details or if possible don’t highlight at all.
DON’T READ OUT LOUD
READ WITH A POINTER
This is another way to keep yourself focused and engaged with the book. Learn how to read while guiding yourself with a pen or your finger.
RECOMMENDED: A. Get Jamb CBT APP & Past Questions For 2019 Exam Click Here To Like Our Facebook Page For Updates