Every student wants to gain admission immediately after their secondary school education. While some have been able to achieve this, others have not. In this article, I am going to show you how to gain admission into Nigerian universities.
Let me shock you. Out of more than a million candidates that apply for admission yearly, only 30% will be admitted. What happens to the remaining 70%?, they stay at home for additional 1 or more year(s). This is what every aspirant want to avoid.
In this article, I’ll list 5 Factors that will determine your admission status in 2018. I will also give you what you need to merit these 5 Factors and gain admission in 2018.
RECOMMENDED: A. Get Jamb CBT APP To Blast 2019 Exam B. Get Flashlearners Waec App On Google PlayStore C. Schools That Have Released Their Post-UTME Form
HOW TO GAIN ADMISSION INTO NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES
1. O’LEVEL RESULT
This is the first factor that will determine your admission status in 2018. If you really want to gain admission into Nigerian universities, it is necessary you clear your SSCE papers(WAEC/NECO/GCE). Also, it is better to clear your result in one sitting than using combined two sittings. This will give you a higher chance of gaining admission in 2018. In fact, some Federal Universities like UI, OAU, UNIBEN, UNILAG don’t accept two sittings.
Another thing you need to know is that the era of C’s is over. Having credits in your WAEC/NECO/GCE result may reduce your chance of gaining admission in 2018. Candidates who have A’s and B’s now have higher chance of gaining admission. If you want to sit and pass WAEC/NECO/GCE and have straight A’s, read “How To Pass WAEC/NECO Excellently In One Sitting“.
2. YOUR JAMB SCORE
This is the another important examination that will determine your admission status in 2018. Your JAMB score in 2018 is the first ranking factor that will determine your admission status in 2018. Let me explain this to you.
If you are aspiring to study at schools like UI, UNILAG, UNIBEN, OAU, you must not score less than 200 in JAMB. That is the minimum cut-off mark irrespective of your course. Even if you want to study Arabic in these schools, there is no admission once you score less than 200. That is why you need to prepare for JAMB very well. The articles below will help you score above 300 in JAMB 2018.
- How To Pass JAMB 2018 And Score Above 300
- How To Prepare For JAMB 2018
- Reasons Why Students Fail JAMB
- How To Study For JAMB 2018 The Right Way
However, scoring above 300 in JAMB 2018 still doesn’t guarantee admission. How is that possible? Read this article on “Why Students Will Be Denied Admission In 2018 Even Will High Score In JAMB“. I have explained everything there.
3. YOUR POST-UTME SCORE
This is the third and final examination you will sit for to gain admission in 2018(though some schools don’t conduct it). In case you don’t know, POST-UTME is fully back. Read more on that here. If you have good O’LEVEL result and very high JAMB score, you still need a high Post-UTME score to gain admission in 2018. The articles below will help you pass Post-UTME in 2018.
- 12 Most Effective Ways To Pass Post-UTME
- How Schools Conduct Post-UTME Admission Screening
- How To Prepare For Post-UTME Admission Screening
Some candidates believe they will pass Post UTME since they passed JAMB. This is however far from the truth! Don’t relent whether you passed UTME excellently or not. This is one of the reasons why candidates don’t gain admission with socres above 270 in JAMB.
4. YOUR SCHOOL OF CHOICE
Some schools are very competitive and difficult to gain admission into. These are in most cases Federal Universities like UI, OAU, UNILAG, UNIBEN, UNILORIN e.t.c. If you choose any of these schools, you have to prepare extremely well. Notwithstanding, you don’t need to be bothered if you have followed my first 3 points.
If you don’t know how competitive your school of choice is, check out the Top 100 Universities in Nigeria here. You should be able to determine it with that.
5. YOUR COURSE OF CHOICE
As there are competitive schools, there are competitive courses also. Courses like Medicine, Law, Pharmacy, Acoounting, Mechanical engineering e.t.c are very competitive. Thousands of candidates apply for these courses in each school yearly. So, if you are choosing any of these courses, you must prepare very well. It is a battle, remember
It is what you have in your head and not a big head that takes you ahead.
You can also read: How To Choose The Right Course To Study
What do you think about this article? Use the comment box below to share your thoughts or ask any question.
Also, don’t forget to share this article using the buttons below. This is where I will stop on the topic, “How to gain admission into Nigerian universities”.
RECOMMENDED: A. Get Jamb CBT APP & Past Questions For 2019 Exam Click Here To Like Our Facebook Page For Updates