In this post, we’ve compiled a full list of the Polytechnics owned by the different State Governments in the country.
Abia State Polytechnic, Aba, Abia State
Located in Aba in Abia State, the Abia State Polytechnic is one of the state polytechnics in the country. The Polytechnic comprise the following schools:
School of Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology (ND only)
- Computer Engineering Technology (ND only)
- Electrical Electronics Engineering Technology (ND only)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (ND only)
School of Business and Management Technology
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration and Management
- Public Administration
- Office Management and Technology
School of Environmental Design and Technology
- Building Technology
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
School of Food Science and Technology
- Food Science and Technology (ND only)
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
Adamawa State Polytechnic is located in Numan, Adamawa State. The Polytechnic was established in 1991 when the College of Preliminary Studies in Yola merged with the Staff Development Institute, Numan,
The Polytechnic is accredited by the National Board for Technical Education and offers National Diploma programs in Computer Science, Statistics, Accountancy, Business Studies and Secretarial Studies.
Akperan Orshi College of Agriculture, Yandev
The history of the Akperan Oshi College of Agriculture can be traced to 1926 when the British Government established a farm training centre at Yandev. This centre was later upgraded to the School of Agriculture in 1973.
The school was renamed the Akperan Orshi College of Agriculture after James Akperan Orshi, the late Monarch of Tiv. Currently, the college has over 2,000 students on its campus.
Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic
Established in 1991, the Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic is one of te popular state polytechnics in the country. The schools in this Polytechnic include:
- The School of Applied Sciences,
- The School Of Communication,
- The School of Arts
- The School of Preliminary Studies
- The School of Business and Management
- The School of Engineering
- The School of Environmental Studies
- The School of Legal Studies
Benue State Polytechnic, Ugbokolo
Formerly called the Murtala College of Arts, Science and Technology, the Benue State Polytechnic is located in Ugbokolo, Okpokwu and was established in 1977.
It is one of the polytechnic accredited by the National Board for Technical Education.
In 1983, the Department of Agriculture at the Benue State Polytechnic was merged with the Akperan Orshi College of Agriculture in 1983.
Delta State Polytechnic
There are three Delta State Polytechnics. The three institutions were established in 2002. They are located in Oghara, Ogwashi-Uku and Ozoro.
These Polytechnics are partners with the University of Westminster, London which provides the management and technical support.
These institutions are known for their Agriculture, Computing and Information Technology, Fashion Design and Arts as well as Sports education. Students of these Polytechnics are also trained in business and entrepreneurship.
Below is a list of the courses offered by these Polytechnics:
ND and HND in:
- Art and Design (Fashion Design and Clothing Technology, and General Art),
- Business (Accountancy, Business Administration,Human Resource Management, Marketing, Mass Communication, Office Technology Management and Production Operations Management), Engineering (Agriculture and Bio-environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Foundry Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering and Welding and Fabrication)
- Applied Sciences (Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics and Hospitality and Tourism Management)
ND and HND in:
- Business Studies,
- Science and Technology,
- Engineering and Environmental Studies
ND and HND in:
- Business Studies (Accountancy, Banking and Finance and Business Administration),
- Computing and IT (Computer Science and Statistics),
- Engineering (Computer Engineering, Electronic and Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering)
Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic, Katsina.
Located in Katsina, Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic (HUKP) is another NBTE approved polytechnic. The centre was established in 1983 by the Katsina State Government. According to the NBTE, HUKP is one of the top ranked technical schools in the country.
Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo
Established in 1978, the Imo State Polytechnic was initially called the Michael Okpara College of Agriculture. It was renamed in 2007
The college has been involved extensive agricultural research. In 2009, the rector, Dr Anderson Amadioha indicated that an estimated 43 varieties of high yielding cassava stems have been developed by researchers at the Polytechnic.
Kano State Polytechnic
Located in Kano, the Kano State Polytechnic was established in 1975. The Polytechnic has 5 major units which include:
- School of Technology
- School of Management Studies
- School of Environmental Studies (SES)
- School of Rural and Entrepreneur Studies (SRES),
- School of General Studies (SGS)
Kogi State Polytechnic
Established in 1993 in Lokoja in Kogi State, the Kogi State Polytechnic is one of the technical schools accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
The centre awards ND and HND certificates in courses like Art and Printing, Business, Engineering, Finance and Science Computing.
Kwara State Polytechnic
Kwara State Polytechnic is a Nigerian tertiary institution that was established in 1973 by the then Military Kwara State Polytechnic was established in 1973 by the Kwara State Government. The Polytechnic is located in Ilorin.
Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu.
Popularly called LASPOTECH, the Lagos State Polytechnic was established in 1977 by the Lagos State Government in Ikorodu in Lagos.
Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, Ogun State
Also known as MAPOLY, the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic is located in Abeokuta. It is named after Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, the President-elect of Nigeria in 1993.
The Polytechnic was established in 1980. It had 220 pioneer students. The institution took off on 2 temporary campuses at Oke-Egunya and Onikolobo before moving to the Ojere Campus in 1985.
Ogun State College of Health Technology
Located in Ilese-Ijebu in Ogun State, the Ogun State College of Health Technology is training college for health care in Ilese-Ijebu, Ogun state, Nigeria. It was the first state college established in Ogun State.
Osun State College of Technology, Esa-Oke
Osun State College of Technology (OSCOTECH) is a tertiary learning institution in Esa-Oke in Osun State and it is one of the fastest growing colleges in the country.
Initially, the College was formerly a satellite campus of the Ibadan Polytechnic before becoming autonomous in 1992.
Osun State Polytechnic
Osun State Polytechnic (OSPOLY) was another satellite campus of the Polytechnic in Ibadan before becoming autonomous in 1992. The Polytechnic is located in Iree in Osun State.
Rivers State Polytechnic, Bori.
Founded in 1984 by the Rivers State Government, the Rivers State Polytechnic took off as an institution affiliated to the University of Ibadan.
It was later affiliated to the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria for pre-degree IJMB (Interim Joint Matriculation Board) courses.
Currently, the Polytechnic has three schools: Arts, Science and Preliminary Studies and the Institute of Continuing Education.
The Polytechnic, Ibadan
Popularly called Poly Ibadan or Ibadan Poly, the Polytechnic was founded in 1970. Poly Ibadan is quite popular in South West Nigeria.
- Abdu Gusau Polytechnic, Talata-Mafara, Zamfara State.
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi.
- Adamawa State Polytechnic, Yola.
- Akwa-Ibom State College of Art and Science, Numkum
- Akwa-Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot-Osurua
- Edo State Institute of Management and Technology, Usen
- Gateway ICT Institute, Itori, Ewekoro, Ogun State.
- Gateway ICT Polytechnic, Igbesa, Ogun State.
- Gateway ICT Polytechnic, Saapade, Ogun State.
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja.
- Institute of Management. & Technology, Enugu.
- Jigawa State Polytechnic, Dutse
- Kano State Polytechnic, Kano.
- Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic, Lafia.
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru.
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria, Kaduna State
- Ogun State College of Health Technology
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi.
- Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, Ondo State.
- Sokoto State Polytechnic, Sokoto.
- Taraba State Polytechnic, Jalingo.
- The Polytechnic, Ijebu Igbo
- Yobe State Polytechnic, Geidam.
RECOMMENDED: A. Get Jamb CBT APP & Past Questions For 2019 Exam Click Here To Like Our Facebook Page For Updates