Do you wish to study law in Nigeria and become a lawyer? Are you looking for the best Universities in Nigeria for law? If yes, then you will find this article very useful.
Without any doubt, law is one of the most sought-after and competitive course in Nigeria. Due to one reason or the other, it is the most sought-after course in Nigeria among art students. You will agree with me that 70% of those who joined art department in SSS1 had it in mind to study law. While some change their mind later in the game, others remain focused and determined.
Here you are, you have decided to study law. It is very good if you go to one of the best Universities in Nigeria for law. This will boost your career and also earn you a good spot in the labour market. This is because, when you are loaded, you will be needed.
At the end of your law study in one these law universities, some the skills you will have gained include:
- knowledge of legal matters, policies, theories and case studies
- ability to understand complex issues from multiple perspective
- ability to defend and construct a persuasive argument
- great research and numerical skills
- problem solving skills e.t.c
Enough of the preaching! Just show me the best universities to study law in Nigeria. Don’t worry, that is what I am about to do. I will list out the top 20 law schools in Nigeria for you.
TOP 20 BEST UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA FOR LAW
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
- Lagos State Univeristy (LASU)
- Ambrose Alli University (AAU)
- University of Maiduguri
- Igbinedion University, Okada
- Abia State University (ABSU)
- Delta State University (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Afe Babalola University
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- University of Abuja (UNIABUJA)
TOP 10 UNIVERSITIES TO STUDY LAW IN NIGERIA
University of Lagos (UNILAG)
Founded in 1962, UNILAG provides qualitative and research-oriented education to all her students. The university has built a legacy of excellence and has produced top range graduates in law and other departments who have had great impacts on the growth and development of Nigeria. It is for this reason UNILAG is one of the best universities in Nigeria for law.
Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
OAU was founded in 1961. The name OAU was given in honour of Chief Obafemi Awolowo in 1987 as it was formey known as University of Ife. OAU is a federal university and is one of the best universities in Nigeria. The University comprises the central campus, the student residential area, the staff headquarters and a teaching and research dar.
University of Ibadan (UI)
This is the oldest University in Nigeria. It was established in 1948 and is one the the best schools to study law in Nigeria. It is a well known University and is popular especially for its teaching hospital, UCH.
University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
Known for its fast and stable academic calendar, UNILORIN is the most sought-after federal university in Nigeria. UNILORIN provide word-class environment for learning, research and community service.
University of Benin (UNIBEN)
UNIBEN is one of Nigeria’s first generation federal universities. It is a very standard public university and a good place to be for prospective aw students.
University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
UNN is a federal school located in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria. It was founded by Nnamdi Azikwe in 1955. It was the first full-pledged indigenous and first autonomous University in Nigeria. It is one of the five elite universities in Nigeria and also one of the best schools to study law in Nigeria.
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
It is a federal government research university in Zaria, Kaduna state. ABU was founded in 1962. It is the best Northern University in Nigeria and one of the top universities in Nigeria for law.
Lagos State Univeristy (LASU)
This is actually the best state university in Nigeria as at the time of publishing this article. It was established in 1983.
Ambrose Alli University (AAU)
AAU was founded in 1981 by Professor Ambrose Folorunsho Alli. It is one of the best state universities to study law in Nigeria.
University of Maiduguri
UNIMAID is located in Maiduguri a city in Borno state. It is a federal university that was founded in 1975.
- How To Pass JAMB Once And Forever
- List Of Art Courses You can Study Without Literature
- How To Graduate With First Class In Law Schools
- List Of Catchment Areas For All Universities
What do you think about this list of best universities to study law in Nigeria? Let us know what your thoughts are by using the comment box below.Don't forget to Like our Facebook page AND Join our Facebook group for more daily free updates.