Paradigm Initiative is pleased to announce its fully funded Fellowships to the Nigerian Internet Governance Forum 2018.
When is the application deadline?
15th June 2018
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will I be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
The fellowship is open to all undergraduates in their penultimate year (year before final year), irrespective of field of study.
What are the selection criteria?
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Keen interest in ICT Policy issues in general, and Digital Rights in particular
- Willingness to complete a final year project related to Digital Rights, irrespective of field of study and angle (legal, technical, social, etc) of approach to the relevant issues
- Availability to travel to — and from Abuja — between July 1 and 4, 2018
How many awards are available?
5 awards are available
What are the benefits of the award?
- Selected fellows will be sponsored to attend the 2018 Nigeria Internet Governance Forum in Abuja in July 2018. The fellowship will cover flight, accommodation and per diem.
- Fellows who dedicate their final year thesis to a digital rights issue may also be supported by Paradigm Initiative in their research.
What is the duration of the program?me
July 1 – 4, 2018
How to Apply for the Programme
If you would like to secure one of the five (5) fellowship slots, please do the following:
- Record a 3-minute video of yourself speaking on what “Digital Rights” means to you as a young Nigerian.
- Upload the video online and share on social media, using the hashtag #NIGF18withPI, and copy @ParadigmHQ
- Fill this form and make sure to include the link to your video: http://bit.ly/PInigf