African Liberty Organization for Development (ALOD), a not-for-profit organization, is inviting entries from suitably qualified candidates for the 2017 Adam Smith Essay Contest.
Adam Smith is one of the traditional anchors of free market and ALOD believes giving young students the dividend to study the position of Smith on the market process is important for a economic education.
Top 5 essay entries would be awarded a full scholarship to attend our summer camp in Nigeria later in August and other generous prizes.
The contest is being held in honour of Adam Smith, the late English economist and foremost free market advocate.
The essay is organised with the objective to give young people opportunity to study the position of Adam Smith on the market process and dynamics
Drawing from Adam Smith’s propositions, explain how free market promotes equal opportunities.
- Participant must be a student in any tertiary institutions (University, Polytechnic, College of Education and Technical Schools) in Nigeria
- The format of the text should be in Microsoft Word document(500words maximum)
- No participant is allowed to lift materials directly from the works of any author and claim to be his/her own
- Plagiarism is not allowed as it automatically disqualifies any entry which contains works of another author
- If any text or sentence is copied from another authors work, it must be shown in quotation marks and writer must credit the original author at the bottom of the paper
- On the first page of the completed essay, every participant must write his/her full names department, and year of study, name and country of institution gender and age
- Also include your e-mail address and functional mobile phone number
Top five entries will be awarded cash prizes and full scholarship to attend ALOD Summer Camp in Abuja in September, see cash prizes below:
- 1st – N30,000 and scholarship to two-day Liberty Camp in Abuja
- 2nd – N20,000 and scholarship to two-day Liberty Camp in Abuja
- 3rd – N10,000 and scholarship to two-day Liberty Camp in Abuja
- 4th to 10th – N5,000 each and scholarship to two-day Liberty Camp in Abuja
- All qualified entries will receive a compact disc on “Ideas for a Free Society”.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2017.
How to Apply For Adam Smith 2017 Essay Contest
Interested and qualified candidates must send their entries to: [email protected]alodpolicy.org
Winners will be announced on August 11, 2017
The essay contest is supported by Network for Free Society, Language of Liberty Institute, Kids4Biz, and Institute for Economic Affairs.